Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial: Lori Beringer Plein Air Painting

Welcome to Door County. Haven for the Arts. 
Our little summer place is home for all things connected to the creative process. One of my favorite things about our 'peninsular-life'? The numerous opportunities to watch and learn from such capable and engaging personalities through the season. 


Take a look over my shoulder as I look over the shoulder of master-teacher, Lori Beringer. Here she is just getting underway and has blocked in an 'under-painting' that will add depth to her finished work. 



We are in the glorious gardens of the Fine Line Gallery, where Lori has been seduced by the shadows playing across the cinder-like path as it leads up to the peonies in full bloom. I have had the great, good fortune to watch Lori paint from summer-to-summer. I LUV her train-of-thought narration as she works in oil paints. 




I have become something of a "Lori-groupie" and have carried her backpack and other gear for the annual Plein Air Festival in the past. She knows she can count on me for enthusiasm, interest and an honest opinion. 


Enjoy watching her painting come to life, from the earthen under-painting, thru her laying in of the basic forms and shadows all the way to the afternoon's completion of effort. 




As is my typical manner, I have invited Lori to come bunk-in with us should she ever have a few days in her calendar and be looking for the great blue sky vistas available along the glorious bay of Green Bay. I know she'd be delighted if you had time to check out her website. If you're intrigued with the line-up for the rest of the artist demonstrations at Fine Line Gallery you're just one click away from their schedule. 



Hearing Lori work 'out loud' is always informational as well as inspirational. I'd have been clever to take a picture of her whole set up. She has a series of umbrella's to protect her from the sun's heat. She backs up frequently to take a look from a distance -- as her goal is to 'draw you into the work' from across the room. Makes me want to invest in some oil paint and empty canvas. How about you? What's on your bucket list for summer? For me, this season is the perfect opportunity to breathe on the creative channel.
-- Debbie --

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...